It would be wrong to write a blog about being a Dad without taking a little time to introduce my children to hopefully explain why I am so proud to be their dad.
Big J is a cheeky little boy who apparently looks exactly like me and is growing into a very confident little man. Little J is a perfect girl who’s smile can melt hearts.
They are great kids but here are the 10 things I love about them the most.
- They love their beds. Most nights they are tucked up fast asleep by 7:30pm which means peace and quiet.
- They love each other. Whilst they do fight and push you can tell that they love being with each other.
- They love retro cartoons. From Postman Pat to Scooby Doo they love old school cartoons.
- They laugh at my jokes. I think they are the only people who think I’m funny.
- They are resilient and adaptive. No matter who has them or where they are they get on with it with very few tears.
- They have great smiles. you can tell they are really happy kids.
- They love their mum. I know I am their second most favourite person in the world but I don’t hold it against them as their mum is pretty amazing.
- They can fart on cue. Well just big J at the moment but little J is not far behind.
- They are easy please – they don’t need expensive toys just some imagination and some attention.
- They love me back– which is the only reward I need for being their dad
Middle Aged Dad